About Whatsapp stolen accounts
Never give out your One Time Password (OTP) or WhatsApp SMS verification code with others online or offline, not even Family or Friends. you should always protect your Passwords and One Time Code just as you protect your underwear, Is meant for you and you alone. If you\’re tricked into sharing your code and lose access to your WhatsApp account, read the instructions below from whatsapp to recover your account.
If you suspect someone else is using your WhatsApp account, you should notify family and friends as this individual could impersonate you in chats and groups and demands money from your friends . Please note, WhatsApp is end-to-end encrypted and messages are stored on your device, so someone accessing your account on another device can\’t read your past conversations. “How to recover your whatsapp account:”
Follow and note the below steps to recover your whatsapp account
- Sign into WhatsApp with your phone number and verify your phone number by entering the 6-digit code you receive via SMS
- Once you enter the 6-digit SMS code, the individual using your account is automatically logged out
- You might also be asked to provide a two-step verification code.
- If you don\’t know this code, the individual using your account might have enabled two-step verification.
- You must wait 7 days before you can sign in without the two-step verification code.
- Regardless of whether you know this verification code, the other individual was logged out of your account once you entered the 6-digit SMS code. Learn more about two-step verification in this article.